Sunday 20 January 2013

My Reflection on Web 2.0 Tools


Web 2.0 project is one of the most beneficial projects that provided me with many benefits in my life. This project taught me to use the technology and keep updated with which is new. The lovely thing about MIS course is that it designs the final project to provide us with the opportunity to apply and use tools covered in different training sessions. I create this post to write my reflection on web 2.0 tools separately.

Twitter
To most of the people and also me, twitter is necessary in my daily life as I check tweets and updates from my friends and I also get to check the news as well, it’s a fast way to communicate and get news.

Facebook
Facebook and twitter are in some way similar as they all are social networks. Facebook is different from twitter and not as easy as twitter to me to use, but I use it to get intouch with my friends who traveled abroad to study, and it’s a great way to make the time pass by.

Dropbox
I use dropbox for making my sharing on the networking simpler and faster, as I upload pictures to the folder I have on my desktop and I can check them easily on my phone.

Google Calendar
Google calendar is used to make our daily life simple, as to me It helps me in organizing my work, or making an appointment or meetings.

Google Earth
I don’t benefit much from this tool here in my country, but it helps me outside when traveling to locate restaurants, tourist sites, shopping district. I use the GPS to guide me to the place I want when I’m lost.

Google site
Google site is one of the most disturbing tools I used till now, as it is slow in uploading and it’s hard to storage many pictures, for it takes a lot of storage with only uploading 1 picture.

Google Docs
If this tool was known years back when I was in school it’ll make our lives much easier, for it helps in sharing our documents much faster when working in a group on a project. It helped me in storing my files when my laptop suddenly crashed, and it helped me in helping my friends on their work.

Picasa
This is one of my favorite tools as I love to edit my pictures and make movies out of it. It helps in collaging my pictures for many occasions, professional, casual and so on. And now on to short videos, it helped me in many projects.

Gmail
Gmail made life easy. This motto I use as I go on through life, because it stores a lot of emails, its faster than Hotmail, it’s good to have an email that organize your emails the way you want. Also, it is amazing to use your Gmail as a reminder and a note for your tasks. 

Google Chrome
Far different from the internet and Firefox, it has many options in saving your work for several days or as much as you want “ saves session “, it made it easier for me to download anything I need.  It is faster, has original features like theme, backgrounds, panic button and games.



No comments:

Post a Comment